Monday, July 15, 2013

We started the week with a meeting manager of the company as he wanted to know whether everything is going on well with my internship. Whether I have any questions regarding task and also whether I need any kind of information regarding the company.
The thing that I really wanted to know is why the company want to market itself through social media? in other words what is its 
goal (KPIs)? And what social media platforms they want to use?
 The company  pointed out their goals they have set,

Company Goals (KPIs)
 Customer Acquisition.
 Creating customer loyalty.

Choice of social Media channels.

  1. Facebook
  2. Twitter
  3. LinkedIn

After knowing the company's goals I moved to the next step which is to choose digital platform.

Platform proposition 

Competitive Differentiation:

Providing useful and relevant information to users will increase brand loyalty and generate word of mouth exposure. In this matter, 
Facebook page will be use by the target group to share any kind of experience they have by using KICD services and products, and ask any kind of questions.
On the Twitter account will also be updated more frequently and will be more relevant and user generated content.
LinkedIn page will be used by the company to showcase their services and work done.

Addressable Channels (Channel mix plan)
Channel Insight 
One way of meeting the customers of KICD to digital platforms is by use of various social media platforms. The company has already decided on using Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. 
This is because the target market are already utilizing this sites as part of their daily lives, and can be accessed via mobile phones.

Participatory Journey.
At this point I have created a customer journey map which will show the steps that the target market of KICD will be passing through in order to find out, consider or perhaps use KICD company.



Concept 
Currently KICD Institute has a Facebook which is very dormant and it is not utilized at all and has only 311 likes. My idea is to improve it and become a place where the customers of KICD will be sharing their experiences when using services and products from KICD.
I will create a twitter site for the company which will be updated with the news by the company and lets its members to know what's news in the market.
The company will also have a LinkedIn account which the company will showcasing their services and product to their customers.

Content Outline
After creating concept be-hide the chosen digital channel I asked the company about their content outline they will provide, how often it will be shifted. We discussed this with the person who I was working with and finial we came up with an idea that with the purpose of maintain a high degree of loyalty (retention), and to ensure an attractive interface-it is a necessity to give the end-user a perception of living and ever changing content. 
Therefore I suggested that it is a paramount to the company to keep in touch with the end-users and respond to their feedback.
I also suggested that the content should be refreshed based on few criteria:- Customers' feedback and changes in services provided by the company.

Both the company and I today we have shared alot and we were happy for the day. One amazing thing is that the company didnt know or they have never thought about the participatory journey.
The company also asked me to write to the about the benefits of social media  

No comments:

Post a Comment